What other classics do you mess around with ?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

impmad2000
I need to get out more!

Post by impmad2000 »

My Parents play around with these two :)
1908 Renault AX (100 years old last year )
1925 Renault MT
Tim
Tim Bennett
RHD Targa 2.2T EFI, Triumph ITB's, EDIS and Megasquirt.
"Old enough to know what's right and young enough not to choose it"
Barry Wolk
DDK Fanatic

Post by Barry Wolk »

Very nice. Why's the steering wheel on the wrong side? :)
elkelk
Married to the DDK

Post by elkelk »

It's 36 feet long, 8'6" wide and 10,200# empty.
That's bigger than the first apartment i owned in London!
elkelk
Married to the DDK

Post by elkelk »

I have a bit of a thing for rally cars, started with this...

Then moved onto one of these.....

before moving onto classic Porsche ownership. I think something along the lines of a Tuthill 911 is inevitable one day....
pillay2k
DDK Fanatic

Post by pillay2k »

I have a good i spy for you... this is what i am faced with when i visit my parents...
Probabally close to 30 classics in all... wonder where i get it from? :roll:
Talk about too many projects.
Newest addition, TR6 with race engine from Racetorations... to be stripped and restored!!
'73 914 2.0
'92 VW T25 Transporter 1.7D
'15 Mercedes-Benz C63 V8 biturbo
sjm
DDK rules my life!

Post by sjm »

Love the DS decap - the late Alan Clark MP had one of those I believe. He also had a 911, lovely old Landie and a passion for XK Jags (and women). What a man...! 8)
Simon Moore
1958 356A
1978 Aston Martin V8
1988 Jaguar XJS 3.6 manual
1959 Lambretta Li125
Barry Wolk
DDK Fanatic

Post by Barry Wolk »

Is than an MG Canback as we called it here?

I destroyed one on my Honeymoon in 1970. We rented a car in London, a Ford Grenada Consul, and drove it all over England. Got back into London and turned down a side street to the right of Harrods, I believe, to go to a nice restaurant and I drove directly into a parked car. I had failed to compensate for having half a car on the left of me. :oops: All the windows popped out of the MG but the owner was nowhere to be found. Turns out he had taken the ferry from Spain and spoke little English. I could tell that he was not very happy.

We returned the car to the rental agency and were told that 7 of 10 Americans that rent cars return them damaged in one way or another.

That seems to be true as my parents wrecked a car there just the year before. Pretty much the same thing happened. My father wasn't paying attention when he got in the car in front of the hotel. A cabby had laid on his horn trying to get my father out of his way. Pops puts the car in what he thinks is Drive when, in fact, the shift lever is the opposite of ours and he puts it in Reverse and floors it. He slams into the cabby behind. He thinks he's been hit by the honking cabby and wants to put some distance between them so he hits the pedal again, slamming into the cabby once again.

He learned a new language that day. Cockney swearing.
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jamie »

I have a 1966 Honda C100 Cub, in light blue and white. I can't legally ride it, because I don't have a license.

I just got back from a few weeks in Chicago where I saw another Cub for sale - a yellow and white 1980 C70. It looks a bit like this:

I bought it because I have this notion that sometime soon, I will ride it 2000 miles from Illinois to the West Coast, where I will search for a 2.7 to ship home.

So now I have two Honda Cubs which I can't legally ride, and a shite idea about riding halfway across the US, very slowly, to buy a model of 911 that no-one else wants.
'68 912
sjm
DDK rules my life!

Post by sjm »

Jamie - I think we may have been separated at birth!!! That's exactly the kind of half baked idea I LOVE!!! You have to do it! Take a film crew with you and market it as an "everyman" version of "Wrong Way Round". :wink:
Simon Moore
1958 356A
1978 Aston Martin V8
1959 Lambretta Li125
sjm
DDK rules my life!

Post by sjm »

And "elk" - love that Renault 5 too - what a car!!!
Simon Moore
1958 356A
1978 Aston Martin V8
1959 Lambretta Li125
Derek
DDK rules my life!

Post by Derek »

I have owned this for nearly twenty years!

Derek
1970 911 3.6T
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

Great London Cabbie story :lol: :lol:
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

Audrey

Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

jamie wrote:I have a 1966 Honda C100 Cub, in light blue and white. I can't legally ride it, because I don't have a license.

I just got back from a few weeks in Chicago where I saw another Cub for sale - a yellow and white 1980 C70. It looks a bit like this:

I bought it because I have this notion that sometime soon, I will ride it 2000 miles from Illinois to the West Coast, where I will search for a 2.7 to ship home.

So now I have two Honda Cubs which I can't legally ride, and a shite idea about riding halfway across the US, very slowly, to buy a model of 911 that no-one else wants.
Jamie, would you fancy a trip around europe in 1958-9 356a cab police car to trace its roots and hopefully find (and record) more information on Porsche police cars.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
rvzz
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rvzz »

HI all,
Before I got to this-

I messed around with all sorts of stuff,
Starting in the late eighties , I give you my former garage contents part 1 , the early years.

Vespa p200 , my first 'aircooled'

Then the first of many beetles , cool wheels eh ?

Next up ratty Volvo Amazon , 6" roof chop ,stock motor , scruffy owner

It did get a decent paint job after a couple of years. Although the owner remained scruffy.

68 Dodge Charger RT 440ci , two owners , very original . Regret selling this most of all, although as you can see I needed the money for clothes , still a scruffy bugger

Then it was a rather nice Consul Capri, stock 2ltr pinto, very low. I didnt do the original build on this , I got it from a lovely chap by the name of Kev Rooney ,who I think is still building some nice 60's fords.

57 Chevy pickup, had this for about 15 years, went thru about three rebuilds, did some miles in this one.

41 Willys coupe , round tube chassis , big block ford , 10 second quarters on street tires. Took it of the road about 15 years ago to rebuild front suspension , never been out since .

Well thats me till about mid 90's ,It got a bit more sensible after that. Sorry about the picture quality - all pre digital camera.
Cheers,,,,,,Russ