Porsche Racing in Finland, vintage photos

Pictures and write ups of past motorsport meetings.

Moderator: Bootsy

Tipi_dwl
DDK addict

Porsche Racing in Finland, vintage photos

Post by Tipi_dwl »

I bumped into this finnish historic formula racing teams website that is selling old photo's. There's some Porsches on them too.

Leo Kinnunen at 1968 Monte Carlo.

Leo Kinnunen at 1972 Arctic Rally.

Matti Alamäki on ice track.

Juha Miettinen in his BeeGee jeans sponsored RallyCross 911 in seventies.

Antti Aarnio-Wihuri probably at Ahvenisto Race track in Hämeenlinna, late sixites or early seventies?

These are from Interserie prototype Class race at Keimola Race track on 23rd of Aug. 1970. There are supposed to be some 917 and 908:t, but I'm not sure as I'm not expert on these vintage racers. Among the drivers there were, Leo kinnunen, Ronnie Peterson, Gijs van Lennep (the winner in psychedelic yellow/red coloured 917), Jürgen Neuhaus, Helmut Marko, Gerard Larrousse.

hot66

Post by hot66 »

I love this

looks like they've just been down to the local Porsche showroom, bought a new 911 & driven it to the track 8)

If only I had the driving skill to be able to drift a SWB 911 like that .... reality would be me & the 911 upside down in that pond :lol:
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Tipi_dwl
DDK addict

Post by Tipi_dwl »

hot66 wrote:looks like they've just been down to the local Porsche showroom, bought a new 911 & driven it to the track 8)
Actually that might be closer to the truth than fairytale. This guy was born with golden spoon up his... For example he run his own racing team as a hobby, they even entered F1 in 1974 Leo Kinnunen as a driver. That's only team ever from Finland to enter the F1.