911 Throttle pedal

An archive of any Porsche 911 technical threads

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

domo1977
DDK addict

911 Throttle pedal

Post by domo1977 »

Hi

I have a problem with my throttle pedal not properly returning to the closed position after it has been pressed down. I have lubed the linkage and all seems ok, but it just doesn't return that well.
How many return springs should it have and where are they meant to be???? As far as I can see the only ones are on the carbs themselves.
Any help would be great!
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

i had the same problem just replaced both springs on the carbs and hey presto :wink:
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
Alan @ CanfordClassics
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Alan @ CanfordClassics »

Have you checked the throttle arm on the gearbox. The bushes, in there wear out. Also I have seen additional springs added here to help return the pedal.

HTH

Alan.UK
http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk
Porsche Restoration & Sales
gav p
DDK slapper chatter

Post by gav p »

The throttle pedal itself on my '69 has a spring built into the rubber - I think this is original. When the pedal is removed, you can see that the part that bolts to the floor is spring-loaded against the bit your foot goes on.. although the spring is molded into the rubber of the pedal so you cant actually see it... however, it definitely has an effect and helps to close the throttle properly.
Gavin

'73 911E -> 2.7mfi
'94 968 Sport