Dannyboys 914 goes hillclimbing/sprinting

Chitter chatter about Porsche Motorsport -race meets, hillclims etc.

Moderator: Bootsy

dannyboy
DDK addict

Dannyboys 914 goes hillclimbing/sprinting

Post by dannyboy »

Here's a few pic's of the 914 before i strip it. Begining to look the part now. New revolution rims that were a VZI bargain of £80. Near mint and now shod with R888's. They fit the car great and a bit different to the usual rims seen on 914's. The decals i've had produced in black /silver and yet to add a full set of martini decals for the boot/bonnet /sides. Also have some sponsorship off Turbo Thomas so his name will be on the car somewhere.
It's being stripped so in Jan it can get the cage and body bracing welded in and soon after it goes to have the some paint attending to and get the fibregalss boot/bonnet painted. Lots of small bits to be done , new discs etc and the last job will be off to Aldon to get it on the rollers.
Few wiring jobs for external/internal ignition cut outs , start button and a full fire extinguisher system for the cab and engine bay. All's going to plan and hopefully i should be right to race in 07. The class is Sports Libra over 2000cc and i'm hoping for about 7-8 meetings in the year. Will be racing in Aldon championship aswell as NSCC hopefully.Just had my license through so were looking good!!

Keep you posted

Cheers Dan

75 2.1 914 owner
autohausdolby
Married to the DDK

Post by autohausdolby »

Looking good!
abm914
Events Organiser

Post by abm914 »

Quite a few of you guys racing/rallying 914's now. You'll have to let us know dates & locations and we'll arrange a 914 support group to come along!
swapped
DDK slapper chatter

Post by swapped »

Flippin'ek, I'm slow spotting posts sometimes.

914s on Revolutions - YAY!

And good luck on your events, too.

Carl
914-6
DDK rules my life!

Post by 914-6 »

have sent youy pm dannyboy--and good luck on the hills.

Ian
formula vee-
'60 356b rhd CONVERTED TO "A"
'67 912 rhd SOLD
'69 914 Crayford RHD
'71 914 Crayford RHD
'69 911s lhd
'71 914/6 race car
Marcos SOLD
66 CHEVY pick-up
57 CHEVY Pickup
Porsche Tractor
2 X PORSCHE PINBALL M/C
Hawkeye
DDK Seasoned Poster

Re: Dannyboys 914 goes hillclimbing/sprinting

Post by Hawkeye »

Check out the photo's of this Silver Beauty....... I have owned her for sometime now. Few financial family issues suggest I may have to let her go to a new home. She has had £1,000's spent on her and is possibly the best I've ever seen. £8,000 was a figure I had in mind. What do you guy's think?

Hawkeye

dannyboy wrote:Here's a few pic's of the 914 before i strip it. Begining to look the part now. New revolution rims that were a VZI bargain of £80. Near mint and now shod with R888's. They fit the car great and a bit different to the usual rims seen on 914's. The decals i've had produced in black /silver and yet to add a full set of martini decals for the boot/bonnet /sides. Also have some sponsorship off Turbo Thomas so his name will be on the car somewhere.
It's being stripped so in Jan it can get the cage and body bracing welded in and soon after it goes to have the some paint attending to and get the fibregalss boot/bonnet painted. Lots of small bits to be done , new discs etc and the last job will be off to Aldon to get it on the rollers.
Few wiring jobs for external/internal ignition cut outs , start button and a full fire extinguisher system for the cab and engine bay. All's going to plan and hopefully i should be right to race in 07. The class is Sports Libra over 2000cc and i'm hoping for about 7-8 meetings in the year. Will be racing in Aldon championship aswell as NSCC hopefully.Just had my license through so were looking good!!

Keep you posted

Cheers Dan

1975 914-4 2.1
2007. New to the Porsche marque but already owned a:
1980 911SC 3.0 Coupe
1969 911T
1973 911T "73.5" CSI Coupe