Wiring questions

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

Lazza
DDK Seasoned Poster

Wiring questions

Post by Lazza »

The electrician "finished" tidying up the project car last week but left me with two issues he couldn't resolve in the time available, so looking for some advice please.

1. The new rear lights require a separate brake light wire (the original S. African car has an American style single brake light/indicator bulb arrangement which I am told is no good for UK MOT's). So I need to run a new wire from the brake switch to the back lights. What is the best route for this now that the car is trimmed, etc.?

2. The oil temperature wire appears to be broken as it will not take a current. So again I need to route a new wire. What is the best route for this between dashboard and engine?

Any low-cost suggestions welcomed!

Lazza
Larry Goff
1958 356A cab
997 C4S
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

On the indicator question: I wouldn't worry about running the extra rear wiring yet... i've never had a fail over single brake light/indicator bulb arangements. My '56 just sailed through again with it's original weak 6v set up and no questions asked. Very cheap. Very cost-effective. :wink:

Oil temp wire: back of dash to tunnel under carpet then along/in the shift tunnel. Route up behind firewall padding and out to case... Any better suggestions out there?
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

yes tunnel is the best route..

have you check out that web site with the 356 wire diagramme that lights up when you press a button it's very good..

http://cyberwerkstatt.com/
impmad2000
I need to get out more!

Re: Wiring questions

Post by impmad2000 »

Lazza wrote: Any low-cost suggestions welcomed!
Gaffer tape two wires over the roof :lol:

.... I'll fetch my coat :walk:
Tim Bennett
RHD Targa 2.2T EFI, Triumph ITB's, EDIS and Megasquirt.
"Old enough to know what's right and young enough not to choose it"