Locking wheel nuts for fuchs?...

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

gav p
DDK slapper chatter

Locking wheel nuts for fuchs?...

Post by gav p »

Does anyone use them? I wouldnt want my nice deep 6's to dissapear from my car overnight outside my house.. :x

But most locking nuts would look really out of place on period fuchs... and has anyone heard of these types of wheels being stolen anyway? After all, I;m sure they're of no interest to the local barry boys in their three-series's... :lol:

Would be interested to hear tho...
Gavin

'73 911E -> 2.7mfi
'94 968 Sport
Luke
DDK rules my life!

Post by Luke »

I'd get some locknuts, they're cheaper than new wheels should you get unlucky :wink:

I've got "official" porsche lock nuts on mine, they're the same black finish as the fuchs lock nuts and look ok. I got them as a present but I believe they're the same as the ones Type 911 sell.
Porscheless but still aircooled
AirCooledExcellence
DDK Fanatic

Post by AirCooledExcellence »

Gav,

I've got a set of these:

See this URL:

http://www.type-911.co.uk/ac_wheel.htm

They look just like ordinary wheel nuts!

Cheers,

Tim.
http://www.impactbumpers.com - Classic 911's and nothing else!
1984 911 Carrera - 3.6 Transplant
1987 911 Turbo - SOLD
1983 911 SC Targa - SOLD
db911s
DDK Newbie

locking wheel nuts.....I have a set for sale....

Post by db911s »

I have some that I bought from Jasmine motor sport but then never got them on my 6" fuchs (just never got round to it)...I then sold the car (to MDr on this site, the beige 1967 S on those pics at Volksworld show) and I hang around here these days voyeuring all these motors :cry:

anyway, they are official porsche ones and are plain black, pretty non descript and discrete......I think I paid 46 quid.....they are still in their packs......40 notes sound fair enough inc P+P????

db911s
Evil J Guano
DDK forever

Post by Evil J Guano »

I have the ones Tim posted the pic of, the car used to be parked in the East End with no (touch wood) probs.

One thing to remember though is the locking mecanism has a key type socket which you need to keep with the car, so a pain if you forget it or dodgy if you leave it in the glovebox.
Gavin Joule
gav p
DDK slapper chatter

Post by gav p »

I guess if theyre discrete then its got to be a good idea. I see what you mean about the key though Gavin... a bit like the classic one of leaving the stereo facia in the glove box...
Gavin

'73 911E -> 2.7mfi
'94 968 Sport
gav p
DDK slapper chatter

Post by gav p »

db - I'll pm you regarding those nuts...
Gavin

'73 911E -> 2.7mfi
'94 968 Sport