Historic Porsche Rallying (on TV)

Chitter chatter about Porsche Motorsport -race meets, hillclims etc.

Moderator: Bootsy

moggy
DDK rules my life!

Historic Porsche Rallying (on TV)

Post by moggy »

Just found these racing forums. Never noticed them before. To those who don't know I'm prep'in a 914 for Historic Stage rallying which I'm hoping to race in a couple of the HRCR events this year. I've posted a load of progress pics on the 914 forum. I'm currently waiting for the skid plates to be cut to my templates, once done it's off to get my National B license at the local rally school.

The reason for my post is to ask if anyone else saw the 1hr coverage of the historic NZ rally in which there were a number of 911's including one driven by Francis Tuthill (who took an interesting short cut following a precarious hairpin whereby he proceeded to leave the track and go down a VERY steep valley and managed to make it down to the road at the bottom :shock: ) His comments afterwards went something like 'I think we're gonna settle down a bit now after what happened today!!!' Yeh going over the edge of a drop like that can do that to a man. :lol:

It was a great program and was found on MotorsTV, not sure if it's to be repeated (often there's alot of repeats on that channel) but if so would deffo recommend it.

Also, for those who don't have MotorsTV there's loads of 911 rally action on YouTube, just search for 'historic' 'rally', here's a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0VAeDPabQ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV-4oXkn ... ed&search=

alot of the shots are taken at my local rally venue 'Sweet Lamb' (shots with the jumps in).
moggy
DDK rules my life!

Post by moggy »

More historic 911, 914 and 356 on MotorsTV at the moment (10.30-11.00am) on the Neige et Glace Historic rally in France. It'll be repeasted some time later today, well worth watching. Plenty of sideways action in the snow of all the above cars.