Dark Grey 914 - Hexham/Corbridge area?

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

ollieg
DDK slapper chatter

Dark Grey 914 - Hexham/Corbridge area?

Post by ollieg »

Hello,

Anyone got a dark grey 914, or know of one, over in the Hexham/Corbridge area on Saturday morning? There was a Classic Car Show in Corbridge which I sadly wasn't able to attend so if the car was there I missed it!

Any ideas?

Cheers, Ollie.
drummerboytom

Re: Dark Grey 914 - Hexham/Corbridge area?

Post by drummerboytom »

Only grey one i know is a six conversion with wide arches and lives near Bristol .
drummerboytom
1970 914 / 6 Irish Green
1974 914 / 4 Giallo Fly ( yellow ! )
gone to a new DDK home - 1972 911 2.4T coupe with '73 2.4T CIS motor
gone to a new home - 1970 911 T Targa
dogbower
DDK forever

Post by dogbower »

Hi Ollie
I went to the show and didn't spot a 914, I did go early and didn't hang around that long though.
How is the build going?
Stuart.
1971 911E
1990 986S
ollieg
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ollieg »

To be honest, it was a mate of mine who said he saw 'the 914' on its way to the show! He's not really a car guy so he must have been mistaken...I wonder what it was then...? He said he saw the distinctive side lights on the front...??? Mystery..

Hi Stuart, still immersed in bodywork..cutting out rust and welding in patches every night it seems. Just got myself a chassis stiffening kit from the US which is going in at the mo. Check out my blog - need to post the most recent updates but it will give you an idea of the monster job I have ahead of me! How's your 911 after your knock..back on the road yet?

Best, Ollie.
dogbower
DDK forever

Post by dogbower »

Ollie
Could your friend confuse a 911 with a 914?
Yes the 911 is back on the road, and its dark grey, and it went to the show.
Did he say it was a slightly scruffy car being driven by an idiot?
If so it could of been me :lol:
Stuart
1971 911E
1990 986S
ollieg
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ollieg »

Well perhaps it was you - he could have been confused after the knock to his head he got when he had to dive out of the way of the car coming sideways round a corner...ahh just kidding!
MikeH
DDK above all

Post by MikeH »

That blog is a good read. I was surprised to see that you're claiming novice status. Some big jobs being handled pretty well in there I reckon.
'77 Carrera 3.0 - SOLD
'72 914 3.0
ollieg
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ollieg »

MikeH wrote:That blog is a good read. I was surprised to see that you're claiming novice status. Some big jobs being handled pretty well in there I reckon.
You have totally made my day...well, that and the fact that it's 26 degrees outside :sunny:

..and as I say to anyone that visits the blog, you will have just doubled my monthly visitor hits!

Well I guess I'm becoming less of a novice the more I do. I'm certainly much quicker at little fabrication jobs and my welding is way better. But I know I still have a ton to learn and there are some things I haven't begun to do obviously - pretty clueless actually when it comes to the mechanics but I'm always up for a challenge and never give myself a deadline, which helps! Should be on the road by 2030!

I've just welded-in suspension and chassis stiffening I got from the US; so I'll post that on the blog soon.

Thanks for looking... :wink:
rusty914
DDK Fanatic

Post by rusty914 »

drummerboytom wrote:Only grey one i know is a six conversion with wide arches and lives near Bristol .
Def wasn't my dark grey '6', it hasn't been out garage since International... which reminds me, must wash n polish for RIAT display this Saturday.
1970 914-6 - Sadly now for sale after many great years and adventures.

1973 T2 Bay Window Camper
1937 Austin 7 Ruby Van