Wrecked long hood before Revival

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Wrecked long hood before Revival

Post by Tosh »

About 10 this morning on the roundabout at the Goodwood end of the Chichester bypass I passed a red 911 that had come off much worse than the Norbert wagon it came into contact with.

Only saw the aftermath so don't know what happened but a pretty shitty start to a day at Revival for the owner.

Hopefully no-ones we know (not that that would make it less sad) and those aboard are fine and have a helpful insurer

Saw a few DDK cars in the car park. Good day out
02 986 Boxster
68 T Sporto (sold)
91 964 C2 Tip (sold)
left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Wrecked long hood before Revival

Post by left4dead »

Saw it parked in the car park. Rear left quarter is pretty much concave. Don't think it a UK car. Not a great start to the owner's weekend. Hopefully they're ok.
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
markh
DDK slapper chatter

Post by markh »

Had a chat to him in the car park - it happened a few cars in front of me at the roundabout.

His was in pretty good spirits considering - had come from Belgium I think and was happy that he could still drive it!
haasad

Post by haasad »

Yes that was a shame I was told about the accident and later saw it in the car park.
ddk member# 1527
Austin Healey 100/6, 1957 Fast Road ( now sold)
75 2.7 S backdated to "r" and very light (now sold).
Adria Camper
Buddy McCrae kneeboard.
Friar Tuck kneeboard.
Lots of Bicycles.
Peter Pumpkinhead
DDK Fanatic

Post by Peter Pumpkinhead »

So that's what happened. We all winced when we saw what was clearly fresh accident damage. What is it with 911s? Too small? Too low? I've been shunted twice in the last 12 months.

But wasn't Goodwood great? If my Flickr account hadn't been locked because I don't want a bloody Yahoo email account, I'd have posted some pics. Anyone else fall in love with the dark metallic teal Citroën DS?
David
1971 RHD 2.2 911E
Tosh

Post by Tosh »

Peter Pumpkinhead wrote:So that's what happened. We all winced when we saw what was clearly fresh accident damage. What is it with 911s? Too small? Too low? I've been shunted twice in the last 12 months.

But wasn't Goodwood great? If my Flickr account hadn't been locked because I don't want a bloody Yahoo email account, I'd have posted some pics. Anyone else fall in love with the dark metallic teal Citroën DS?
I fell in love with pretty much everything...
02 986 Boxster
68 T Sporto (sold)
91 964 C2 Tip (sold)
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

I got rear ended in my old 912 and it came back better than before so not great news but all fixable!
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

I didn't see the DS but 2 of my favourite cars seen at the Revival are in this shot. The Lancia and the green 356, (DDK car?). Not the Transit. I thought the whole event was great this year. Bigger, brasher, well organised, and generally, really good racing too. The sight and sound of all those small block V8's in the Shelby Cup was really knock out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr Pharmacist

Post by Mr Pharmacist »

That Transit looks pretty cool too to me!
Stuart

1970 914 2056cc
1979 924 n/a - RIP
1986 924S
1969 912 Targa - sold
Peter Pumpkinhead
DDK Fanatic

Post by Peter Pumpkinhead »

+1 for the Transit – could tow the Lancia home. And am I mistaken but, brillant event though it be, was there a slightly higher quotient of braying ninnies this year? Champagne and smoked salmon in the car park is cool (although I'm more of a pork pie man myself), but blaring classical music? And conversations at a volume designed to be overheard? Maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy.
David
1971 RHD 2.2 911E
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

Tosh wrote:About 10 this morning on the roundabout at the Goodwood end of the Chichester bypass I passed a red 911 that had come off much worse than the Norbert wagon it came into contact with.

Only saw the aftermath so don't know what happened but a pretty shitty start to a day at Revival for the owner.

Hopefully no-ones we know (not that that would make it less sad) and those aboard are fine and have a helpful insurer

Saw a few DDK cars in the car park. Good day out

:( :( :(
It's better to burn out, than to fade away